Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Re: Modify one PTR in existing bind9 setup?

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 05:07:32PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> I have a hardware DSL/GSM Router where I can not change the setings for
> the 2 NTP servers, because they are hardcoded.

What is your problem? If they properly use [0-3].$vendor.pool.ntp.org,
there is nothing really to fear. Except that it just works.

> All I can do is to change the two NameServers to my <dns1> and <dns2> or
> my internal <dns.private> server where I could setup IPT.

What happens if it is down?

> How can I capture the two hardcoded IPs from the DSL/GSM Router and
> redirect it to my own NTP-Server?

Routing. But if they really hardcore _IPs_, they have to be punished
with http://www.pool.ntp.org/da/vendors.html

Bastian

> Note: This bullshit router of my ISP does SEND more date then only the
> NTP-Request and this is WHY I wan to intercept this crap.

What sort of crap?

> If I should use IPT, how must the rules look like?

"IPT"?

Bastian

--
The idea of male and female are universal constants.
-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-firewall-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20110623161915.GA7855@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org

No comments: