Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Re: portmap by default (Re: my debian does not read my own iptables script)

Yes, I apologize.. I was referring to specific applications.. for instance Shorewall etc. as well as what services to turn off initially on an Ubuntu install.. But thanks for the link.. The rest of the hardening is obviously useless if the OS is not patched!

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Paolo <oopla@users.sf.net> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 07:08:16PM -0500, TzAR wrote:

>    that statement. Does anyone have a link or site recommendation
>    regarding Securing a Debian or Debian-based distro (namely Ubuntu)!

did you already check eg. http://www.debian.org/security/ ?


--
paolo


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-firewall-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how we as human beings are so hooked onto electronics. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory drops, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.

(Submitted by FPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)